Trinity Higher Education Corporation, commonly known as THEC, is located at 1947 West 95th Street in Chicago, Illinois. Our mission is to promote, support, and facilitate the pursuit of higher education among underserved and under-represented communities within Metropolitan Chicago and it’s surrounding areas. Learn more about:
We strive to empower those we serve to:
- Clarify their abilities, interests, and goals within the context of their educational decision-making.
- Become aware of the range of career and higher educational options available to them after earning a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Become knowledgeable about the various means of financing post-secondary education.
- Gain access to pertinent information and resources that facilitate effective decision-making.
- Utilize new technology to obtain case specific information that improves decision-making.
- Develop and apply a family-centered perspective pertaining to issues, questions, and challenges presented by college, career and financial aid choices and decision-making.
- Match prospective students with set of colleges, universities, and/or trade schools that have the best track record of success with students, who fit their education profile.
- Improve the academic readiness of students for higher learning, especially in the areas of study skills and time management.
- Increase the number of students, who excel academically and may succeed professionally in math, science, and engineering through interest-building workshops and projects utilizing innovative technology.
- Promote economic empowerment for students (grades 6-12) and their parents in workshops regarding (banking-checking/saving); credit-use; and various strategies for planning financial growth and meeting personal outcomes objectives.